About Me

My photo
After getting my first passport in 2006 and traveling to climb Kilimanjaro in Tanzania my life changed. I began the process of getting rid of all my possessions and traveling the world. Traveling to over 125 countries and all 7 continents, hostels have been my home. This "new life" has taught me what is important and it was NOT accumulating money or possessions. Traveling is the best education. I hope my blog will encourage others to travel. My World Tattoo was a way for me to express my PASSION FOR TRAVEL.

Sunday, December 13, 2020

DENMARK, Copenhagen

 August 26, 2013 and August 27th

Crazy travel day. Up at 5:45 am in Monterey and got my son, Scott, to drive me to BR airport for my 11 am flight to Dublin via Charlotte, NC.  Had a 4 hr layover in Charlotte and arrived at 7am the next day in Dublin. Then a 3 hr layover in Dublin and FINALLY arrived in Copenhagen, Denmark about 1 pm. Then local currency from ATM, catch the 12 minute train to the Central Station and 35 minute walk looking for the City Public Hostel. Got settled in and paid the $35 per night for a DORM bed without sheets or pillow. That is extra. So slept without sheets or pillow. The duvet kept me warm so I was happy.

I did make use of my afternoon by visiting Rosenborg Slot,  a 17th century castle. I was not impressed. After that I went to Denmark's number 1 tourist attraction, Tivoli. It is an amusement park and garden across from the Central Train Station. The gardens were nice but the $15 admission just covers walking and looking. The "fun" rides are $15 each. Did not ride any. Tivoli is supposedly most beautiful at night which is about 10 pm due to the lighting. However exhaustion did not allow me to verify this.

Tivoli Gardens and Amusement Park























Rosenborg Slot





Slotsholmen and Christianshavn 

August 28, 2013


Slotsholmen is an island separated by the city centre by a moatlike canal on 3 sides and the harbour on the 4th. It is home to Christiansborg Palace which houses parliament.





Christianshavn  is the picturesque canal quarter and nearby Freetown of Christiana is an alternative commune which did not allow photos in the "green zone".













Vor Friesers Kirke 

August 28, 2013


A 17th century church which has an amazing panoramic view of Copenhagen. But first you must climb the 400 steps of the church's 95 meter (304 ft) high spiral tower.











DENMARK, CopenhDagen,  Camp Adventure Park 

June 19, 2019


My entire trip to Copenhagen, Denmark was solely for the reason to visit the Camp Adventure Park which had recently opened about hours drive from Copenhagen. Unfortunately public transport takes a little over 2 hours to visit the 2200 foot observation tower in the forest. Was surprised how the altitude affected me when nearing the top. Was a little scared, just a little. Beautiful views.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

FINLAND, Helsinki

  September 4, 2013 No real plan for Helsinki. Used the map the ship, Anastasia, handed out and located the major tourist sites and started ...